A few years ago, I set out on an adventure. An attempt to make money through blogging and earn millions of dollars each single month; enough to let go of my job and lead the life of my dreams. But , it didn’t happen after my first blog post.
C’mon man! What? People didn’t just rush to my blog after the first post. They didn’t even show up and spend money on me after my 9th,10th 11th, etc. to …
What the heck?
Did I have my hopes too high? You bet I did. Nobody is going to be the next Tymothy Skes and Cute Girls Hairstyles guru overnight.
This profession is fairly new, thanks to the Internet (and It’s not like I’m not going to give Al Gore props on his claimed invention). Many people have hopped on the so called bandwagon. According to DazInfo.com which is a tech blog with more than 11 million bloggers on the internet by the end of 2011. (Old data, for sure but I didn’t want to waste time from creating this post to conduct more study, so I’ll stick with the outdated data).
It’s clear what I’m trying to say here. I’m not going to try and speculate how many bloggers will be out on the internet in 2013. There are too many to be counted. However, there are thousands of bloggers that are making money online.
So what do these bloggers do to earn money? It’s pretty easy. Simple enough, in fact that you’ll think to youself “Darn-it, self, why didn’t I think of that?”
It’s true that we all do it when an invention is put out into the market place that we had in mind decades ago, or which is so easy it would have been a good idea to think of it, like the Tricycle Lawnmower (that would be the most perfect present ever!).
But I digress, I’ll get back to my list of the Top 10 ways to earn money blogging, before my mind-numbing introduction throws you off your feet.
10 Ways to Make Money Blogging Countdown
Here we take a trip…
The Number 10 Way to Make Money Blogging- Dress Like Your Favorite Superhero and Act Like a Moron in Front of the Camera
There are lots of creative individuals on the web who dress as their favorite super hero and then shredding the self-esteem they display to be funny in front of the camera.
- Certain of them have more than 1,000,000 views on YouTube. That’s enough to say.
- If you’re uncomfortable running around the house in your pajamas and acting like an ADHD child with 100 Pixie Stix’s to eat for lunch, I wouldn’t recommend you make use of this technique.
- I’m not saying that, but I think that some video clips are funny. They’re probably earning an excellent passive income every month through YouTube. It’s just not my style. If you’re a fan you can do it.
The Number 9 Method of Making money blogging – Putting Ads on Your Blog with Google AdSense
Google AdSense is an application where you can display ads on your blog using Google. You earn money when people click on an ad on your website.
- You make a tiny amount of money.
- You make a little bit of money.
- Google AdSense is a nice opportunity to earn pocket change but you won’t make a full-time revenue out of AdSense when this is the sole way to earn money on your site.
- In addition, AdSense ads on your website take the traffic you worked so hard to attract and points them to an alternative seller.
The Number 8 Practice to Make Money Blogging – Become an Associate of Amazon and Sell Their Products
The program is similar to AdSense, only it is selling products to Amazon. I make use of this program to advertise my books and others I believe would be useful for my readers. However there are some risks with just depending upon Amazon’s Associates Program.
- You can set up the personal Amazon store on your site and sell each one of Amazon’s products.
- You get paid monthly.
- You will only receive 4% of the price of your purchase.
- Therefore, you’ll need to offer an unprecedented quantity of Amazon products on your website.
- Additionally, visitors, again, are redirected to your website.
- Isn’t it the goal of the blog in order to hold your viewers there?
The Number 7 Strategy to Make Money Blogging – Sell Your Own Ad Space
One creative method to earn money blogging is to offer your own advertisements on your blog. I’ve seen this technique used in a number of blogs, and with great success. Make sure that the advertising space you offer must be related to the niche that your blog’s blog is part of. I would not recommend selling ad space to a candle collector blogger when your blog is focused on the latest and most exciting technology.
- Ad space for sale on your blog can generate a nice monthly income.
- It is also possible to increase your search engine rankings by ensuring that bloggers who buy ad space on your blog will link to your blog in some way.
- If you’re a novice blogger, I don’t advise that you try to offer advertising space. If you’re only receiving 50 to 500 visitors each day, bloggers will not be drawn to buy space from you since you’re not getting enough visitors to your website. I would suggest looking at selling ads on your blog when it is averaging around 1,000 daily visitors. In this way, customers could be enticed to purchase from you, as the reward on their investment is well worth the risk.
The Number 6 Way to Make Money Blogging – Write Reviews for Money
This is a simple and simple method to earn money blogging. It’s also an excellent method to produce content, which is an absolute must for all bloggers… Content. Content. Content. It is necessary to conduct your homework, however, to find companies that pay you to write reviews, for example, PayPerPost or ReviewMe.
- As I mentioned before review products is an excellent way to come up with content ideas for your blog .
- Customers, when faced with purchasing decisions, are turning to the internet to read reviews about the items they are looking to buy.
- Certain companies will even pay you an amount of money for a product review.
- Certain companies that hire bloggers to write reviews require strict standards. It is important to conduct your own research to discover which ones best suit your requirements and your skills.
- They also aren’t paying a lot per post. I’ve come across, however some of them that offer as much as $200 per post, but they will limit your writing to the maximum number you can write per month.
The Number 5 Strategy to Make Money Blogging – Ask for Donations
Now, I don’t personally solicit donation on any of my blog, but I have seen it on others. I’m usually able to see donations buttons for personal blogs that indicate the blogger doesn’t try to sell products to their readers. This is perfect for these types of blogs. However, my view is it is not a good idea to sell products via your blog and are still asking for donations it appears a bit needy. Moreover, this tells people that no one is buying from you because you’re soliciting money.
- Free Money. That’s all I can think of.
- Very few people make donations to blogs unless there’s some cause associated with it. For instance, if your blog is about helping discover a cure for children’s cancer, then by all means – slap a donation button on your blog. If it doesn’t fit into the blog’s niche, don’t do it.
The Number 4 Method to Make Money Blogging – Sell Other Peoples’ Products as an Affiliate
I have already mentioned one option to become an affiliate in my number 8. To make money blogging as an affiliate you essentially sign up to sell another company’s product for a fee. In fact, most of the top retailers provide affiliate services to help to sell their products.
- You don’t need to create your own products, which could save you a lot of time.
- You could make a steady income every month.
- To make money blogging just as an affiliate, you’ll need to market a variety of items in order to generate the kind of income you’d like to earn. For instance, you only earn 4% from Amazon.
- There are other companies on the internet but they do offer up to 25%, and even with up to 75% commissions. There is one company that I’ve seen on the internet which offers 100 percent commissions on sales made from their products.
The number 3 strategy to Make Money From Blogging Create a Membership for Your Website for a monthly fee to gain access to exclusive content
Many writers offer memberships to exclusive blog posts in order to make money blogging. These memberships range from a low monthly fee or a massive one-time fee. For instance, ESPN offers a monthly access cost for their premium content on ESPN Insider.
- You are free to charge as high as you’d like per user for the access you have to exclusive content, just be sure that the price is fair.
- This can also result in a nice monthly income to your website.
- In order to allow membership to your site it is necessary to write or create material that is different from the content you offer on your blog.
- The content you offer must be of a value that your visitor cannot find elsewhere for free. Furthermore, I recommend that you limit memberships for exclusive content when you are receiving at least 1,000 people every day.
The Number 2 Method to Make Money Blogging – Create and Sell Your Own Products
Then, I’d normally consider this method of earning money blogging at number 1 because it’s the most efficient method of earning money from your blog. In addition, your own product are also a source of credibility in your niche and make you look like an professional.
- Visitors see you as an expert in your niche.
- This allows you to be creative in what you want to sell.
- You decide the price of your goods.
- Creating your own products takes considerable time. That time should be used to build a following for your blog.
- Cost and overhead, especially If you’re mailing goods.
The #1 Way to Earn Money from Blogging Find a company that will give you Resell Rights to all Their Products at 100% commissions.
The above nine ways to earn money blogging are all effective in their own way, the number 1 way I’ve discovered to make money by blogging on the internet is to find a proven firm that has already produced the products and grants you the right to sell them for 100 percent commissions.